Maps, Tours, & Directions
Our campus is part of the Harvard University campus located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The main buildings are located just north of historic Harvard Yard (beyond the Science Center) and are bounded to the east by Oxford Street. To the west, across an oak-filled quadrangle, is the Harvard Law School.
We are situated among the buildings housing the departments of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Systems Biology, Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Earth & Planetary Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics.
In addition, SEAS has dedicated space (administrative offices; machining facilities; and future student spaces) in the Northwest Science Building, which houses some 520,000 square feet of "flexible" laboratories, classrooms, and offices.
How to Get to SEAS
- Map of the SEAS Campus (PDF)
Map of the Harvard Subway Stop to SEAS (JPG)
- Complete information and maps of the entire Harvard main campus (and related campuses)
- Take the MBTA subway Red Line towards Alewife.
- Get out at the Harvard Square stop. After exiting the subway station, you will be just outside Harvard Yard near the Johnston Gate.
- Enter Harvard Yard through Johnston Gate, bearing left (shown on the map). Walk through the quad towards the Science Center and then follow the path shown on the campus map to the SEAS buildings.
- From either Soldier's Field Road or Memorial Drive, take J.F. Kennedy Street through Harvard Square.
- Cross Mt. Auburn Street.
- At the next light, bear (slightly) right. This is Massachusetts Avenue and the Out of Town newsstand will be on your right.
- Stay in the right lane and then bear right onto Cambridge Street (you will go under a bridge).
- Take your first left onto Quincy Street.
- Take your first left onto Kirkland Street.
- You will see SEAS buildings on your left beginning with Gordon McKay Laboratory, then Pierce Hall, and Maxwell Dworkin.
Visiting and Tours
All tours and campus visits for prospective students and their parents, guests, and groups are coordinated through the Harvard Information Center (located in the Holyoke Center Arcade at 1350 Massachusetts Avenue in the heart of Harvard Square) and through the Harvard College Admissions Office.
In addition each spring, admitted students will be contacted about opportunities to attend open houses and informational events (on campus and online) organized the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
SEAS Undergraduate Tour
- Graduate Admissions
About Our Campus
Buildings & Facilities
Our world class facilities provide nearly 400,000 square feet of interconnected labs, classrooms, clusters, and offices designed to encourage researchers and students to cross boundaries and collaborate.
Pierce Hall, located at 29 Oxford Street is the administrative center of SEAS, housing the Deans' Offices, Student Services, and other administrative offices. In addition, SEAS-dedicated space in the Northwest Building also houses select functions (accounting and budgeting, procurement, and research administration).
For the latest on nearby construction projects visit: