- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Committee on Higher Degrees
The Committee on Higher Degrees at SEAS establishes academic policies for all graduate programs. Please see the PDF below for detailed information about these academic policies.
In addition, below you will find an addendum to the CHD document which discusses Ph.D. financial aid and funding policies.
The Committee on Higher Degrees will meet to review program plans throughout the Fall and Spring terms. Please submit program plans or petitions that you would like considered by the deadline listed below. The Office of Academic Programs cannot guarantee that plans submitted after the deadline will be reviewed at the next meeting. Specific spring semester dates will be made available at the end of the Fall term.
|MONTH OF MEETING:||SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE:||CHD FEEDBACK CAN BE EXPECTED BY:||
|OCTOBER||9/26/16||10/17/16||G2: Final PhD Program Plan|
|MARCH (AP + ES)||2/20/17||3/13/17||G1: Prospective PhD Program Plan|
|MARCH (AM + CS)||3/13/17||4/2/17||G1: Prospective PhD Program Plan|
|APRIL||4/10/17||5/1/17||Newly Admitted AB/SM students: SM Program Plan|
Questions regarding the CHD can be directed to the Office of Academic Programs or an appropriate Director of Graduate Studies.
Director of Graduate Studies/Chair of the Committee on Higher Degrees:
- Applied Physics: Daniel Needleman (fall) Federico Capasso (spring)
- Computer Science: David Brooks
- If CS students have questions related to the CHD or their program plans, they are welcome to meet with Prof. Brooks during his office hours, Wednesdays, 1-2 PM (or by appointment).
- PLEASE NOTE that Prof. Brooks the office hours scheduled for Wednesday February 15th have been rescheduled for Friday February 17th, 2-3 PM.
- Applied Mathematics: Ariel Amir (fall) Yue Lu (spring)
- Engineering Sciences: Fawwaz Habbal
- Students with questions regarding their ES program plans should first contact John Girash.