OCS services and activities specifically for students in SEAS
Students in Harvard’s School of Engineering and Applied Sciences have complete access to the opportunities, advising, and resources through the Office of Career Services (OCS) including summer funding, research opportunities, and study abroad.
Additionally, a host of specialized programs and services are designed specifically for students in the engineering and applied sciences disciplines.
Making an Appointment
Anthony Arcieri, Director of Career Services for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, is a resource for all current students at SEAS.
Anthony is available for specialized assistance exploring careers in the engineering and applied sciences fields.
- drop-ins at Pierce 111 Wednesdays 2-4pm (no appointment necessary).
- drop-ins at OCS Thursdays 2-4pm (no appointment necessary).
SEAS graduate students on a non-academic path can meet with Anthony, or with the GSAS career advisors at OCS who specialize in academic path and industry career advising for graduate students.
Finding an Internship and Job
- Resume example for SEAS Junior
- Resume example for SEAS Senior
- Other resume and cover letter resources and examples
- Crimson Careers database hosts currently available opportunities under the position type “Internships – Engineering & Computer Science" or “Jobs – Engineering & Computer Science.”
- SEAS Internship Program: summer internships for engineering sciences undergraduates. Log on to Crimson Careers and search for "SEAS Summer Internship" (include quotes) beginning in mid-January 2012 to review available opportunities.
- OCS On-Campus Interviewing Program: a great way to connect with technical, financial, and consulting employers.
- MIT’s On-Campus Interview program is available through a reciprocal arrangement between our two institutions.
Events and Fairs
A host of specially planned programs specifically for the SEAS population are scheduled each year. These programs are a prime opportunity to connect with employers and alumni, and learn more about career paths and how to find jobs in a variety of industries. For a full list of all OCS programs and events, see our OCS Google Calendar.
- How to Find Jobs & Internships in Scientific & Technical Industries
- Mon., Sept. 24, 4:00–5:00pm, OCS Conference Room
- Explore Careers in Science & Engineering: Beyond the Bench
- Wed., Oct. 10, 4:00–5:30pm, Maxwell Dworkin 119
- Explore Careers in Digital Media: A Career Chat with Perry Hewitt
- Mon., Oct. 15, 4:00–5:00pm, OCS Reading Room
- Explore Careers in Energy, Environment, & Sustainability
- Tues., Oct. 16, 5:00–6:00pm, OCS Conference Room
- Explore Design Careers: From Engineering to Creative Development
- Thurs., Oct. 18, 4:00–5:30pm, Maxwell Dworkin 119
- Grad School in the Sciences & Engineering: Applying, Surviving, & Thriving
- Wed., Oct. 24, 4:00–5:00pm, Maxwell Dworkin 119
- Explore Data & Analytics Careers
- Thurs., Nov. 1, 3:00–5:00pm, Maxwell Dworkin Lobby
- How to Find Jobs & Internships in Architecture, Green Construction, & Urban Planning
- Mon., Nov. 5, 4:00–5:00pm, OCS Conference Room
- Finding & Funding Summer Research in Engineering
- Thurs., Nov. 29, 4:00–5:00pm, Maxwell Dworkin 119