Computer science continues to evolve inside and outside the classroom. Students will find everything from Professor Harry Lewis’ podcast lectures on “Bits” to robot soccer players built by members of the Harvard College Engineering Society to a state-of-the-art work in cryptography and research computing.
If you want to consider a bit more extreme (and outdoor) Matt Welsh spent part of last year gathering records of seismic activity on Reventador, an active (as in it erupted while he was there) volcano located in northern Ecuador. His group deployed a wireless sensor mesh network to collect data.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- S.M., M.E., or A.B./S.M. in Computer Science
- Secondary Field in Computational Science and Engineering
- Model Program for the Ph.D.
Overview of course offerings in Computer Science and related fields.
Institute for Applied Computational Science
The Institute for Applied Computational Science is charged with launching a unique interdisciplinary education and research program in computational science and engineering (CSE).
- See a list of current and new Harvard courses that incorporate computational approaches or equip students with essential tools.