- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Access to public printers
As a member of the SEAS community you have access to a number of public color and B&W laser printers :
Purchasing a printer for own use
You may also purchase a printer for you or your group and have it managed by Computing. That printer needs to be :
- Laser. Inkjet printers tend to have too many operational issues in a heavy-use environment and are not supported.
- Network capable.
- Duplex capable (can print on both sides of paper). Duplex is often available as an option. While it costs a bit more, this option is obviously environmentally friendly especially for large documents. Look for a "d" in the printer name - such as HP LaserJet Pro 400 color Printer M451dn.
Although not a requirement, we recommend Hewlett-Packard (HP) laser printers.
Note : SEAS Computing is using a Managed Print Service to assist in managing our printer environment. In order for us to provide the best service possible and to see the most efficient use of our printers, we must be part of the acquisition process for any new printer.
Setting up your computer to print
Free Adobe Reader
To get it : http://get.adobe.com/reader/. Important : Make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader installed in your computer.
Acrobat Standard or Professional
You can purchase a license from HUIT at download.harvard.edu.
There are also free alternative PDF readers, such as Foxit Reader, that you can download that also do a good job of sending print data that is friendly to our printers. Try printing your PDF with Foxit if you can't get it to print properly with Adobe.
SEAS does not support poster printing on our printers. Faculty, students, and researchers should consider one of the following options:
- The University Mail Communications Office can print posters inexpensively, around $20 for full color (depending on size). Contact Bruce email@example.com or at 5-2175).
- The Chemistry Department charges around $55 per poster. They accept standard 33-digit billing codes. Contact Renate Hellmiss (firstname.lastname@example.org, 6-9159) or Dave Smith (email@example.com, 6-5422).
- Kinkos, Harvard Square, One Mifflin Place (Next to post office on Mt. Auburn St.) offers poster print. Rates vary. Contact: 617-497-0125.
Contact us :
For advice on the purchase of a printer, to get our printer installed on the SEAS network, or help with printer software : firstname.lastname@example.org.