Welcome to the Harvard SEAS Information Security & Information Security Office.
The University and SEAS continually develops, maintains, and improves its information technology infrastructure and application to support the creation, storage, modification, and sharing of data. These information technology systems are essential to the efficient and effective operations of the University and SEAS. Therefore, we have a responsibility to institute appropriate safeguards to keep its IT systems and information assets secure. Because information security is critical to the privacy and integrity of SEAS community members and our traditional educational, research, and operational missions, SEAS has created the Information Security Office.
The Harvard SEAS Information Security Office provides leadership in the development, delivery, and maintenance of an information security, risk management, and auditing programs that aspires to safeguard the information assets and the supporting infrastructure against unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, damage or loss.
Information Security Office is dedicated to provide advanced information security services and expert security guidance to all members of the Harvard and SEAS community to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information assets and resources according to University Enterprise Security Policy, State and Federal laws.
- Protect SEAS information assets from unauthorized access, alternation, disclosure, or destruction
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidelines with consideration of Harvard Enterprise Information Security Policy, state, and federal best practices
- Implement and regularly update SEAS Information Security Program
- Plan, deploy, and implement effective Information Security Awareness Program
- Define roles and responsibilities of the SEAS community for the information assets security
- Establish resources and guidelines that allow all individuals within the SEAS community to practice good data stewardship