SEAS research administration provides pre- and post-award management by assisting SEAS principal investigators with award submission, grant administration, and reporting.
- project development, budget preparation, proposal review and submission
- interpretation of university and sponsor policies
- acting as the liaison to the Harvard University Office for Sponsored Programs (HU-OSP) and other University offices responsible for sponsored projects approvals and negotiations
- pre-to-post award transition planning and support
- expense approvals
- funding projections and balances
- account closeouts and final financial reports
Our goal is to provide exceptional support for investigators at the pre-award stage in creating timely, accurate, and well-developed proposals to a variety of funding sources that support research and other sponsored projects; and at the post-award stage by providing financial projections and strategy advice on proper use of funds while ensuring the adherence to all applicable federal, sponsor, and University guidelines and working with colleagues in SEAS and the University to answer questions as they arise during the course of an award.
Principal Investigators are supported by Research Portfolio Managers and the Assistant Directors of Research Administration and Finance. Click here for a list of PIs and the research administration staff who support them
SEAS research administration is fully supported by the FAS Research Administration Services.