Mechanics of Materials and Structures
Allen E. and Marilyn M. Puckett Professor
of Mechanics and Materials
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
and Kavli Insitute for Bionano Science and Technology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Room 309, Pierce Hall, 29 Oxford Street (Map)
Assistant: Ms. LaShanda Banks, (617) 496-1461,
LBanks@seas.harvard.edu, Room 318 Pierce Hall
google scholar citations
- Strengthening alginate/polyacrylamide hydrogels using various multivalent cations. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.
- Stretchable, transparent, ionic conductors,
Supplementary Materials and Videos. Science.
- Reactive flow in solids. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids
- Bursting drops in solid dielectrics caused by high voltages. Nature Communications.
- Highly stretchable and tough hydrogels.
Suplementary Information and Movies. Nature.
- Large conversion of energy in dielectric elastomers by electromechanical phase transition, Acta Mechanica Sinica
- Macroporous nanowire nanoelectronic scaffolds for synthetic tissues, Nature Materials
- Robotic tentacles with three-dimensional mobility based on flexible elastomers, Advanced Materials
- Kinetics of initial lithiation of crystalline silicon electrodes of lithium-ion batteries, Nano Letters
- Surface energy as a barrier to creasing of elastomer films: An elastic analogy to classical nucleation, Physical Review Letters
- Dielectric elastomer actuators under equal-biaxial forces, uniaxial forces, and uniaxial constraint of stiff fibers, Soft Matter
- Mechanics and chemical thermodynamics of phase transition in temperature-sensitive hydrogels, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids
- Theory of dielectric elastomers capable of giant deformation of actuation, Physical Review Letters
- Using indentation to characterize the poroelasticity of gels, Applied Physics Letters
- Full list of papers
feed of papers from Suo Group
feed of comments on papers
feed of iMechanica entries