Dining in Allston
The dining options within the Science & Engineering Complex (SEC) will include a hot food cafe as well as grab & go food options. A number of restaurants and supermarkets are also located a short walk from the building.
The SEC Cafe
The SEC Cafe will open in late August, 2020 and will operate Monday-Friday between 7 am and 3 pm. Breakfast will be served from 7 am until 11:30 am. Lunch will be served from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm. Pre-packaged food will be available all day, until the close of the cafe at 3 pm.
The cafe will be operated by Harvard University Dining Services, and will offer a number of hot and cold food stations, including a grill station, a deli, hot soup, a salad bar, pre-made food bowls (vegetable, grain, and protein mixes), smoothies, and desserts. Undergraduates can pay for their meals using BoardPlus.
Undergraduates on the meal plan will be able to swipe for FlyBy meals — a Harvard University Dining Services offering of nutritious to-go options.
The SEC Micromarket
Unstaffed vending machines with healthy-food options will be located on the third floor of the Science & Engineering Complex for 24-hour food purchases. Vendor selection for this space is currently ongoing. Access to the Micromarket will require a HUID.
Local Dining Options
Other neighborhood dining options include:
5 MINUTE WALK, OR LESS
- Our Fathers - Dual-concept deli and contemporary Jewish cuisine in midcentury-modern digs.
- Trader Joe's - Grocery chain with a variety of signature items, plus produce, dairy & more.
- Swissbäkers - European-style bakery showcasing homemade pastries and coffee.
- Dunkin' - Long-running chain serving signature donuts, breakfast sandwiches & a variety of coffee drinks.
5-10 MINUTE WALK
- Breakfast Club - Corner diner serving old-school breakfasts, plus burgers & sandwiches.
- Subway - Casual counter-serve chain for build-your-own sandwiches & salads, with health-conscious options.
- Spring Shabu Shabu - Meats, seafood, noodles & veggies are cooked in tableside hot pots.
- Star Market - Grocery chain with plus produce, dairy & more.
- Harvard Business School Spangler Food Court - A Harvard Business School cafeteria. Available for dinner service.
10-15 MINUTE WALK