The SEC Library will be a hub for engineering and applied science education and research at Harvard in Allston. With a librarian on staff and multi-use spaces available to book, guests will have access to all the benefits of a Harvard library while in the building.
Located on the second floor by the atrium, the SEC Library will be open and staffed during regular building hours. Robyn Rosenberg, currently an Engineering Librarian at the Cabot Science Library, will move over to the SEC in Summer 2020 and the library will open for the following fall semester.
Services and resources in the SEC Library include:
- Bookable study rooms (7 total)
- Reference help from onsite librarian
- Designated quiet area with access to outdoor terrace
- Visualization wall to display work by SEAS faculty and students
- Books can be requested from other Harvard libraries and be available for retrieval via secure locker systems
- For books on location, Harvard affiliates will be able to use a self-checkout system