Dining in Allston
The dining options within the Science & Engineering Complex (SEC) will include a hot food cafe as well as grab & go food options. A number of restaurants and supermarkets are also located a short walk from the building.
COVID-19 Update: Startup of the HUDS Dining facility in the SEC will depend on FAS/SEAS decisions for teaching in the spring of 2021. The self-serve micromarket on floor 3 of the SEC is expected to open in November.
The SEC Cafe
The cafe will be operated by Harvard University Dining Services, and will offer a number of hot and cold food stations, including a grill station, a deli, hot soup, a salad bar, pre-made food bowls (vegetable, grain, and protein mixes), smoothies, and desserts. Undergraduates can pay for their meals using BoardPlus.
Undergraduates on the meal plan will be able to swipe for FlyBy meals — a Harvard University Dining Services offering of nutritious to-go options.
The SEC Micromarket
Unstaffed vending machines with healthy-food options will be located on the third floor of the Science & Engineering Complex for 24-hour food purchases. Access to the Micromarket will require a HUID.
Local Dining Options
Other neighborhood dining options include:
5 MINUTE WALK, OR LESS
- TEMPORARILY CLOSED Our Fathers - Dual-concept deli and contemporary Jewish cuisine in midcentury-modern digs.
- Trader Joe's - Grocery chain with a variety of signature items, plus produce, dairy & more.
- Swissbäkers - European-style bakery showcasing homemade pastries and coffee.
- Dunkin' - Long-running chain serving signature donuts, breakfast sandwiches & a variety of coffee drinks.
- Jamaica Mi Hungry – Food truck located at 182 Western Avenue. Open Monday-Friday, 11:30a– 6pm and featuring signature dishes like Jerk Chicken, Oxtail, coconut rice and beans, sweet plantains, and several vegetarian/vegan options.
- Starbucks - Coffeehouse chain known for its signature roasts and light bites. Located at Continuum.
5-10 MINUTE WALK
- Breakfast Club - Corner diner serving old-school breakfasts, plus burgers & sandwiches.
- Subway - Casual counter-serve chain for build-your-own sandwiches & salads, with health-conscious options.
- Spring Shabu Shabu - Meats, seafood, noodles & veggies are cooked in tableside hot pots.
- Star Market - Grocery chain with plus produce, dairy & more.
- Harvard Business School Spangler Food Court - A Harvard Business School cafeteria. Available for dinner service.
10-15 MINUTE WALK
- Ariana - Family-owned restaurant serving Afghani cuisine.
- Article 24 - Two-floor restaurant & rock bar with funky American eats, craft beer & live music.
- Big Daddy's Pizza & Sub Shop - Small corner joint offering pizzas, subs, side dishes, and desserts.
- Blackbird Donuts – donut and coffee retail window available at 100 Holton Street.
- TEMPORARILY CLOSED Casa Caña - Innovative New Latin cuisine & rum bar with a patio.
- Pavement Coffeehouse - High-end coffee, espresso drinks & tea go with baked goods.