- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Information for New Graduate Students
Save the Dates! SEAS and GSAS Orientations
In order to help prepare you for life as a student at SEAS, new graduate students attend the following orientations:
- [International students] GSAS's International Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- SEAS's Graduate Student Orientation on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 (See below for schedule)
- The GSAS Orientation on Thursday August 29, 2019.
More information about the events will be posted on this page and at the above links over the summer.
Please see here for GSAS-related deadlines. We've listed a few of the really important ones below, and will update for 2019 as information becomes available.
|mid-May||Deadline to notify Accessible Education Office of special needs|
|mid-May||Deadline to submit Financial Certification for Students Who Are Not U.S. Citizens Form|
|mid-June||Medical forms due to Harvard University Health Services|
|August 1||Fall tuition payment due - only relevent to Master's students
(PhD students: SEAS and/or GSAS will post your Fall tuition and fees to your student account, including health insurance, over the summer. This applies to students being funded by SEAS fellowships as well as students who are funded with external-to-SEAS fellowships. We will notify you when we do so.)
Academic Registration and Enrollment
SEAS graduate students register for each term and enroll in classes using the FAS Registrar's Online Registration page. Be sure to select the "GSAS Registration" tab midway down the page. Information for academic year 2019-2020 will appear during the summer.
SEAS Grad Student Orientation
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Maxwell Dworkin, 33 Oxford Street
- 8:45am - Breakfast and Registration
- 9:30am - Group photo
- 9:45am - Welcoming remarks and Program overviews
- 11:00am - Break
- 11:15am - How to Succeed as a Graduate Student faculty panel discussions
- 12:30pm - Lunch with faculty
- 1:30pm - Topical Orientations: Health & Safety, Computing, Diversity and Inclusion
- 2:30pm - Break
- 2:45pm - Being a Graduate Student at SEAS discussion with current grad students
- 4:00pm - Ice Cream Social and resource fair!