How to Declare
Declaring a concentration is an exciting time for undergraduates! Students intending to declare an engineering concentration with an emphasis in bioengineering should follow the steps below. Please plan to contact the ADUS early to avoid the rush!
- Review the concentration requirements in the Harvard College Handbook for Students
- Draft an 8-semester plan for all of the courses you plan to take to fulfill your degree requirements
- Fill out a Plan of Study form for your proposed concentration:
- Plan of Study form for Biomedical Engineering (A.B.)
- Plan of Study form for Engineering Sciences (A.B.) - Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Track
- Submit a Declaration of Concentration request on my.harvard (instructions can be found in the my.harvard FAQ)
- Meet with the Assistant Director or Director of Undergraduate Studies for Biomedical Engineering. During the meeting, you'll discuss your propsed plan of study, and once it is in order, the ADUS or DUS will sign your Plan of Study form.
- Linsey Moyer (Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies, Biomedical Engineering)
- Prof. Conor Walsh (Director of Undergraduate Studies, Biomedical Engineering)
- After the form has been signed, the ADUS or DUS will use the my.harvard tool to officially accept your concentration declaration and upload a scanned copy of your plan to the "Reports and Documents" section
Students interested in potentially declaring one of the bioengineering options are invited to chat with Linsey during her drop-in Advising Office Hours that can be found below or you can email to set up an appointment.
Advising office hours: Tues. 3-4 pm, and Thurs. 10-11am in Pierce 206C