- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Selected Hackathons, Competitions, etc.
I receive notice of many hackathons, competitions, etc. I'm not endorsing these, but students might find them of interest. (If you know of such an event, feel free to send it to me.)
2019 Facebook Developer Circles Community Challenge
- Categories: for this challenge include: Gaming and Entertainment, Productivity and Utility, and Social Good
- Prizes: Over $160,000 in cash prizes, including a $25,000 grand prize
- Deadline: September 20, 2019- Learn more and register at developercircles2019.devpost.com
Microsoft Azure AI Hackathon
Build or update functioning software that uses Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Cognitive services
- Prizes: $23,000 in cash and non-cash prizes
- Deadline: September 10, 2019
- Learn more and register at azureai.devpost.com
Federal Agencies Coding Challenges
SBA Coding Challenge - http://hr.gs/sba-core-cs-challenge
FBI Coding Challenge - http://hr.gs/fbi-core-cs-challenge
DOT Coding Challenge - http://hr.gs/dot-core-cs-challenge
This is a healthcare focused hackathon happening October 11 and 12 in Pittsburgh.
Medhacks at Johns Hopkins Medical School
What if the most creative minds channeled their focus into solving the most impactful problems of today? Imagine if we could apply the ingenuity that powers the most profound technology into the most fundamental of all human concerns: health. MedHacks is the start. Join us for our medical hackathon at the world’s pinnacle of medical care, Johns Hopkins Medical School, on September 27-29.
At MedHacks 2019, we're selecting the top innovative technologists, scientists, healthcare professionals, and engineers to build amazing things together. Hackers across all disciplines—from public health to computer science to biomedical engineering to medical students—will unite to meet with experts in every part of the medical field here at Johns Hopkins to develop their solutions to healthcare problems across the globe. They will be able to network with industry leaders and compete for thousands of dollars in prizes from sponsors such as the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, EPIC, Gilead, and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. This year, we are introducing our new mascot: Gilbert the MedHacks giraffe! To find out more about his story, and our Space theme, visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/medhacks. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to hack health and meet people from all around the world! Travel reimbursements are available for participants traveling from far away.
Excited to disrupt healthcare? Check out our website at https://medhacks.io/2019/ and apply!
Citadel Summer Invitational Datathon
The Citadel Summer Invitational Datathon will take place on Saturday, July 27th from 8:00am-6:00pm at The Park Central San Francisco. Highlights include:
- Collaborate with other top students across the US and compete for $25,000 in cash prizes.
- The chance to showcase your skills tackling a meaningful, real-world problem!
- Automatic entry to The Data Open Championship for winning team, which offers $100,000 in cash prizes!
- Potential for interview opportunities with Citadel & Citadel Securities!
If you have any further questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PennApps XX - September 6-8, 2019!!!
PennApps is the nation’s first hackathon hosted every semester at the University of Pennsylvania and we want you to apply to be a part of the action this fall -- apply at my.pennapps.com!
Apply by midnight on Monday, July 15th 11:59pm EST to have the opportunity to:
- Win thousands of dollars worth of prizes - over 80K collectively up for grabs!
- Enjoy free food and drinks for a weekend, plus a nice travel reimbursement!
- Interact with amazing sponsors like Facebook, Google, Palantir, Airbnb, etc. in addition to collecting all the free swag!
- Mingle and code with hackers like you from all over the world for 36 hours straight!
- Attend our exciting workshops to learn more about web/app development, hardware, and real-world applications suited for beginners to gurus!
- Attend fun side events including 5K race, smash tournaments, photo booth, etc.!
- Become a part of PennApps history among other awesome hacks such as SubADubDub, GluClose, Spotted, and more!
When: Friday, September 6 through Sunday, September 8
Where: University of Pennsylvania - School of Engineering and Applied Science
You can apply individually or with a team here! Decisions will be turned around in mid August! We look forward to seeing what you can bring to PennApps XX! If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com or visit pennapps.com for more information.
Newsletter sent Monday, May 6, 2019
VHacks is an international hackathon in partnership with the Vatican that is focused on building ethical technology. Last year, we enjoyed hosting over 120 student hackers in Vatican City and supporting them as they built software and hardware projects to address social issues.
The VHacks team would like to invite students from Harvard University and a few other select schools to apply early to VHacks 2019. VHacks will take place in Paris, France from August 22-25 and will provide students the opportunity to work on NGO projects during and after the hackathon. Interested students may apply early here.
VHacks’ mission is threefold:
- To leverage technology to help enhance the solutions of NGOs, who supply problem statements related to their fields.
- To promote collaboration amongst the most talented university students from diverse academic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
- To provide a framework for ethically-minded innovation.
While applying early does not guarantee admission, it does provide a competitive advantage as we will be reviewing hacker applications on a rolling basis.