- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
A/V and Video Services
AV and Video Services provides faculty, instructors and staff with AV and video support for the classroom, as well as troubleshooting support for lectures and talks. Some AV equipment is also available to borrow.
You can upload and browse for events and colloquia videos at http://video.seas.harvard.edu which is the SEAS video portal.
- To obtain an account and upload your videos please contact email@example.com, and put "video.seas help" in the subject line.
- Requestors are responsible for posting the videos. For instructions visit Video Posting.
1. On-site assistance with A/V problems in SEAS classrooms.
2. Reservation for SEAS equipment available for loans to SEAS Faculty and Staff (see below).
3. A/V equipment setup and support for SEAS events.
4. Training and technical support for our platform video.seas.harvard.edu. (Note: the workflow for scheduling a recording, and converting and posting media files is handled by administrative staff.)
5. Limited Live Streaming if offered on a best-effort basis. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and put "SEAS AV support" in the subject line
SEAS Equipment for loan to qualified SEAS users:
1. Portable LCD projector for computer projection.
2. Windows PC or Macbook Pro laptop computer (with VGA adapter if you need to project the image).
3. USB audioconferencing microphone or micrphone/speaker for desktop videoconferencing (Skype, Webex, etc.)
4. For large events: One- or two-speaker (PA) sound system with stands and inputs for 2 microphones and 1 iPod, computer or other similar sound source.
5. For small events: Small powered speaker for amplifying computer or iPod sound as well as 1 microphone input.
6. Three microphones: 1 wired hand mic, 1 wireless hand mic and 1 wireless lapel mic.
7. Portable document camera.
8. Laser pointer/slide advancer.
9. Stereo headphones.
10. Video camera and tripod. (You will need to be trained on the use of the camera, or demonstrate proficiency in use of the camera. You must supply your own SDHC card on which to record and no video editing service is available at this time.)
11. Assorted adapters: MiniDisplayPort, HDMI or USB-C to VGA or HDMI, ethernet adapters
12. USB webcam for Desktop Videoconferencing
13. 55" TV on wheels for displaying computer images/videos
Note: Voice Over IP Audioconferencing phones are in most SEAS rooms, only one distance caller supported. For multi-party phone conferences and help with the VOIP conference phones, contact Harvard Phone Services at email@example.com.
1. Equipment is reserved on a first come, first served basis for SEAS users.
2. Equipment should be reserved at least 3 business days in advance. Efforts will be made to accommodate last minute requests, but we cannot guarantee availability.
3. All equipment is loaned for one business day.
4. To reserve equipment or support, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "SEAS AV Support" in the subject line.
5. To arrange for a recording, visit Request a Recording.
6. Requestors are responsible for posting the videos. For instructions visit Video Posting.
7. Live streaming is offered free on a best-effort basis with no guarantees. If reliability is important to your event please contact email@example.com