- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Commuting and Parking
Pierce Hall, located at 29 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA, is the administrative center of SEAS, housing the Academic Office, Deans' Offices, and other administrative offices.
For complete information and maps of the entire Harvard main campus (and related campuses) visit http://transportation.harvard.edu/parking/visitors/parking-locations .
- Take the Red line towards Alewife.
- Get out at the Harvard Square stop. After exiting the subway station, you will be just outside Harvard Yard near the Johnston Gate.
- Follow the walking path (shown on the campus map) to the SEAS buildings.
- From either Soldier's Field Road or Memorial Drive, take J.F. Kennedy Street through Harvard Square.
- Cross Mt. Auburn Street.
- At the next light, bear (slightly) right. This is Massachusetts Avenue and the Out of Town newsstand will be on your right.
- Stay in the right lane and then bear right onto Cambridge Street (you will go under a bridge).
- Take your first left onto Quincy Street.
- Take your first left onto Kirkland Street.
- You will see SEAS buildings on your left beginning with Gordon McKay Laboratory, then Pierce Hall, and Maxwell Dworkin.
Public parking is available at metered spots on Oxford Street or in the Harvard University lot.
To obtain a one-day Harvard parking pass, contact Harvard University Parking Services, 3 Bow Street, 5-3772. Recent construction in and around Harvard parking lots has reduced the number of available spots.
SEAS faculty or staff with parking needs should contact Jason Ortega, 5-2840, who serves as liaison to Harvard University Parking Services. You will fill out a parking request form, which is available either from Jason Ortega or University Parking Services.
After your complete the form, please give it to Jason, who will forward it to University Parking Services. Faculty should expect a 1-2 weeks wait for the assignment of parking spaces.
There is a restricted supply of staff parking spots; these requests are often placed on a waiting list, which can take one year or more.
Graduate Student Parking
SEAS graduate students with parking needs should call or visit Harvard University Parking Services at 46 Blackstone Street, 5-3772, office hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Students need to bring a photo I.D., proof of vehicle registration under student’s or parent’s name, and proof of driver’s insurance under student’s name.
To obtain reserved parking for visitors or special events submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, include the name/description of event, time and date, how many vehicles are expected, preferred parking location, and contact information.
(You can also provide this information on a form available at University Parking Services. Click on “transportation services,” then “parking services,” then the link for “special events.”) The events coordinator will respond to your request with information on space availability and parking rates.
Please send your query about reserved parking to Parking Services at least two weeks before your event; requests sent without sufficient notice will be subject to additional charges.
Parking policies at Harvard are the responsibility of the Harvard University Parking Services, 5-3772. For detailed parking information, please visit the Parking Services website at http://transportation.harvard.edu/parking.