- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
For New Faculty & Lecturers
Faculty and research appointments at SEAS are managed by the Office for Faculty Affairs. Please contact the Faculty Affairs staff with questions.
- SEAS Research Administration
- SEAS Faculty Affairs
- Harvard University Office for Sponsored Programs
- Harvard University Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- Laws, Regulations, Policies
Appointments/benefits/payroll and other personnel issues
Contact the Office for Faculty Affairs
Key University and FAS Policies
- FAS Research Administration Services offers information on conduct of research, patents and copyrights, and the use of the Harvard name—relevant even if you receive no external support. Among topics covered are principles governing research at Harvard; outside activities of academic appointment holders; guidelines for industry-related research; and the environment and safety plan. This site also offers practical information on all facets of sponsored research, from the search for external funding to the closeout of a sponsored project.
- FAS Office for Faculty Affairs features resources for faculty and researchers in the FAS, including the Appointment and Promotion Handbook, policies and reports, and forms, as well as research, teaching and professional development resources.
- Getting keys and ID cards
- Reserving meeting space
- Copy machines: operating codes and trouble-shooting
- Problems with heating and cooling systems
- Sending and receiving packages
- Commuting and parking directions
- Lab Safety
The Scientific Instrument Shop and the Electronics Shop based at SEAS are important resources for faculty research. Contact Mike McKenna and Jim MacArthur respectively to learn more about their services.
Information Technology (IT)
- SEAS Policies and Information
- University Policy and Information: