- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Harvard's Purchasing Card
Harvard's Purchasing Card (also known as PCards) are University-liability credit cards issued in the names of authorized, trained individuals to purchase low-dollar eligible goods and services in support of Harvard University business. For information on how to apply for a PCard please send a filled out and signed Pcard Application to Noemis Ortiz firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals should exercise the same if not greater prudence and care in incurring expenses on behalf of the University as they would for their own personal expenses. For more information please read the University PCard Manual.
Cardholder Responsibilities: All pcard transactions must be for necessary University business and substantiated by a detailed business purpose, original receipts and reviewed in the settlement system by a person other than the card holder. Please note that the pcard must not be for the convenience or benefit of the cardholder. Improper use of the PCard, including use of the PCard for personal purchases, may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Use your card for non-travel-related business purchases, such as:
- Low dollar and recurring transactions (subscriptions, etc.)
- Office Supplies - please remember that the primary method of buying office supplies is using WB Mason through the HCOM catalog
- Local (Cambridge/Boston area) business meals
Cardholders should not purchase prohibited commodities, such as:
- Travel expenses
- Charges from non-incorporated vendors
- Gift certificates or gift cards of any amount
- Gifts equal to or greater than $75 (including shipping and all other charges)
- Radioactive materials
As responsible PCard holders, please do the following:
- Obtain original receipts and submit them to a reviewer each week.
- Provide the reviewer with the proper GL coding and business purpose (Who, What, Where, When, Why) for each PCard transaction.
- Review monthly PCard statements to ensure that there are no errors or discrepancies.
- Complete a Missing Receipt Affidavit Form for any misplaced or missing receipts.
The Purchasing Card Administrator has the ability to suspend or terminate Purchasing Card privileges in instances of misuse.
- This Saba PCard training course provides an overview of Harvard's PCard policy Training Overview.
- These PCard Reviewing Slides provide step-by-step instructions on how to review and reconcile your weekly transactions.
Citibank Customer Service
- Phone: 1-800-248-4553
- Phone: 1-904-954-7314 (when calling from outside the US)
- Purchasing Card Policy
- Purchasing Card Application
- Purchasing Card FAQs
- Purchasing Card Reviewing Slides
- Disputing/Lost/Stolen Card
- Citibank Commercial Cards - Dispute Form
- Quick Reference Guide - how to register your online Citi Bank account
- Purchasing Card one page overview