- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Harvard University reimburses for necessary and reasonable travel expenses incurred while conducting University business. Individuals should not benefit financially, or incur financial losses, as a result of traveling on behalf of the University. For full policy read the University Travel & Reimbursement Policy Manual.
Booking Your Travel
The preferred and most convenient way to book your travel is through one of Harvard's preferred travel agencies. By using one of these agencies you will be able to take advantage of University discounts negotiated with preferred travel partners. These agencies are familiar with Harvard's travel policies and have dedicated agents available to assist Harvard travelers. Harvard has six preferred agencies to meet our diversified needs. For more information or to make reservations visit the Harvard Travel Portal.
Harvard Global Support Services
For tips and guidance when traveling abroad visit the Travel Tools section of their website.
Harvard Travel Assist
Harvard Travel Assist provides 24/7 medical and security assistance and evacuation services to eligible Harvard students and employees while on Harvard-related travel abroad. The program is managed by Harvard Global Support Services. For more information visit the Harvard Travel Assist section of their website here.
Passport and Visa Services
Harvard has negotiated a reduced rate with A. Briggs, a Passport and Visa Services vendor who can assist Harvard travelers with passport and visa services for international travel. They can answer questions about visa requirements free of charge either via their websites or by phone. For a fee they will assist travelers with the application process (especially beneficial for rush orders) by reviewing and submitting the traveler’s application, passport, and any other required information/documents. Visa processing firms are often able to obtain visas more quickly than individual travelers. For more information click here.
Rental Car Reservations
- You can make rental car reservations with the Harvard Travel Services to take advantage of the University-negotiated rates.
- Harvard’s preferred car rental partners are now Hertz and Enterprise/National
- When making reservations directly with Hertz, Enterprise or National, use Harvard's Corporate ID numbers (31570 with Hertz and NA10A14 with Enterprise) to receive the negotiated rate and included insurance coverage.
- Travelers who use any other car rental vendor (other than Hertz, Enterprise or National) after May 1, 2015, must also purchase a minimum of $250K in supplemental liability insurance (SLI)– even if they use Harvard’s Avis corporate ID number or their Avis Preferred membership. The additional cost for this insurance is eligible for reimbursement.
- You will be responsible for daily rental costs in excess of the approved car class unless justified in the Business Purpose.
- Car Rental Guidelines
- Travel Policy Overview.
- This document provides instructions on how to create a direct billing Travel Authorization.
- Harvard Travel Portal
- Overview of University Reimbursement Policy
- Reimbursement Policies at a Glance
- Reimbursement FAQs
- Substantiation of Business Travel
Sponsored Travel Resources:
- Fly America Act & Open Skies Decision Tree
- Fly America Act & Open Skies Agreements
- Sponsored Travel Cost Guidelines
- US Flag Air Carriers Detailed