- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Policies and Procedures
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) serves as the connector and integrator of Harvard’s teaching and research efforts in engineering, applied sciences, and technology. To address current and future societal challenges, knowledge from fundamental science, art, and the humanities must all be linked through the application of engineering principles with the professions of law, medicine, public policy, design, and business practice.
The four cornerstones that guide us are:
- SEAS is financially well-positioned in this challenging environment
- SEAS is vital to the mission of Harvard and is making a global impact
- SEAS has the right foundation to realize its full potential
- Most important, having a strong SEAS community is ESSENTIAL to our success
Faculty, staff, researchers, and students at SEAS share certain values that inform our work and strengthen our community. We share, from individual contributors to the SEAS leadership, the responsibility for ensuring that our institutional culture and individual behaviors reflect these values and responsibilities. This document highlights important information and policies to help assure that these expectations are met by all SEAS employees.
In most cases, SEAS follows the University's policies and procedures affecting Harvard employees on issues such as discrimination, sexual harassment, hiring temporary and less than half time employees, use of the Harvard name, and financial information.
Such policies and procedures affect:
- Benefited Full- and Part-time Staff
- Administrative/Professional employees
- Overtime-Eligible Support Staff employees
- Student and Temporary employees
- LHT (Less-Than-Half-Time) employees