The mission of the Industrial Outreach Program (IOP) is to connect and collaborate with leaders in academia, industry, and government to foster future discoveries and scientific applications.
Over the past several years, the Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences has significantly increased the size of its faculty and built world-class facilities dedicated to research and teaching. Our scientists tackle key issues in and develop applications for critical areas, including nanoscience, new materials, and bioengineering.
Most important, by being connected to the Division, you are linked with the enormous breadth and expertise of Harvard.
IOP provides several key benefits to our Industrial Affiliates:
- Free attendance to our Spring and Fall annual workshops.
- Updates on the research advances of interest to you and your company.
- Advance access to technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Exclusive opportunities to meet and collaborate with Harvard faculty and students and professionals from industry, government, national laboratories, and leading universities.
- Invitations to the Dean's dinner meetings and special briefings with faculty and industrial partners.
- Direct access and guidance to the wealth of Harvard University inventions available for licensing.
- Harvard currently has more than 300 inventions available for licensing.
- Harvard scientists average 120 new inventions per year.
- Over the past 20 years products from Harvard technologies generated over $900M.
- More than 35 companies have started based on Harvard-created technologies.
- The opportunity to recruit the best students and postdocs.
Become an Affiliate Member
To learn more about the Division, IOP, or to become an industrial affiliate member contact:
Associate Dean for Research and Planning
firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-5829