How to Request a Video Recording
SEAS a/v and video needs are covered primarily by FAS Media Services. SEAS’s own media resources are limited to one a/v specialist and are primarily focused towards providing a/v support of instruction, with other venues such as talks, colloquia and events being accommodated on a best effort basis. The following is a list of the different types of requests for a/v support in order of priority :
- SEAS classes and official SEAS events
- Colloquia sponsored by SEAS faculty and Departments
- IACS colloquia
- Harvard University events with SEAS sponsors
- Harvard University events with non-SEAS sponsors
To request a video recording :
1. Send an email to email@example.com with "SEAS A/V video request" in the subject line and include the following info :
- name of requestor and department
- type of event (course, colloquium, faculty talk, etc)
- time and place of event.
2. SEAS Computing will evaluate and get back with either answer :
- yes, we or MTS can accommodate and this is almost always the answer for courses.
- no, we cannot accommodate an event, due to schedule conflicts or in-house videographer is not available. A list of outside vendors will then be provided. You are responsible for making arrangement with outside vendors.
3. If we handle the recording, requestors will receive the video file, either from us or MTS or the outside vendor.
5. Requestors should get a release form from speaker (download release form)
6. Requestors may then post the video
- on a website of their choice (see How to post a video on www.seas.) or
- on http://video.seas.harvard.edu which is SEAS's video platform with appropriate permissions (please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "SEAS Video Platform" in the subject line to ask for training on how to use the platform).
See here for details on posting a video.
Hours of operation/fees
SEAS Academic and Research Computing's A/V team provides audiovisual support and equipment Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. Arrangements can be made for support on evenings and weekends, though certain fees may apply for labor and equipment.
When support is unavailable through our office, event organizers are encouraged to contact
- FAS Media & Technology Services at 617.495.9460 or https://ims.fas.harvard.edu.
- A list of third-party external audiovisual vendors is available upon request.