On Wednesday, July 22nd, SEAS will complete the transition of EMS (SEAS room booking tool) to an FAS/HUIT supported website – located at http://roombook.harvard.edu (click on the SEAS shield to access EMS). On this day SEAS EMS will be off-line, but should be operational on Thursday, July 23rd.
WHAT WILL CHANGE:
- New Login: Login to EMS will now require your HUID and PIN (login used for PeopleSoft) – not your computer login / password.
- User Credentials: Access to SEAS EMS will be directly fed from the SEAS HR PeopleSoft database. Only those within SEAS PeopleSoft – SEAS faculty, staff, postdocs*, grad students* – will have access; SEAS undergraduates and the larger Harvard community will not have access to SEAS EMS.
* Individuals with SEAS appointments only – some postdocs and grad students have appointments elsewhere within the university. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter difficulty logging in.
- Expanded Room Selection in SEAS EMS: Access to FAS space will now be available to SEAS users through the “Reservations” option located in the top toolbar – please select the appropriate pull-down menu item. If you have set-up requirements or questions, click on the room’s name to view the notes field containing the appropriate booking contact. If it is unclear who the booking contact is for an FAS room, email email@example.com.
- Browsing Functionality: Given the addition of FAS rooms, please use the filter option to view only SEAS rooms when selecting “Browse for Space” or “Browse Facilities.” The filter option is located in the upper right-hand corner – under “Areas” select “SEAS.”
- Listing of Northwest Building: Due to settings in the main Harvard building system, rooms B150 and B166 in the Northwest Building will appear under "Northwest Building (SEAS Rooms)."
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE:
- Booking of SEAS Space: Rooms within SEAS buildings will still be booked/supported in the same manner as before (a full list of rooms available at SEAS can be found here). Inquiries regarding SEAS rooms for non-academic purposes should still be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; SEAS-related academic requests should be sent to email@example.com.
If you have technical difficulties with EMS at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.