- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
How To Declare
Declaring a concentration is an exciting time for undergraduates! We encourage any preconcentrator with an interest in Environmental Science and Engineering to schedule an advising meeting with a concentration representative to discuss your interests and academic goals. In this meeting, we can chat about the courses you are interested in taking over the next five semesters, as well as the specifics of the concentration declaration process.
The Concentration Declaration Procedure
Students intending to declare the ESE Track of the Engineering Sciences (A.B. or S.B.) concentration should follow the steps below. Please plan to contact the ADUS early to avoid the rush!
- Review the concentration requirements in the Harvard College Handbook for Students
- Draft an 8-semester plan for all of the courses you plan to take to fulfill your degree requirements
- Fill out a Plan of Study form for your proposed concentration:
- Submit your Declaration of Concentration request on my.harvard (instructions can be found at about.my.harvard.edu/declare_concentration_college_students)
- From the concentration drop-down list, please select "EngrSci:Environmental Sciences" to designate the ESE Track
- Meet with the Associate Director or Director of Undergraduate Studies for Environmental Science and Engineering. During the meeting, you'll discuss your propsed plan of study, and once it is in order, the ADUS or DUS will sign the Plan of Study form.
- After the form has been signed, the ADUS or DUS will use the my.harvard tool to officially accept your concentration declaration and upload a scanned copy of your plan to the "Reports and Documents" section
Concentration Declaration Office Hours
Students interested in potentially declaring ESE are invited to chat with Patrick during his drop-in Advising Office Hours in Pierce Hall 117 (Patrick's current office hours can be found here or you can email him to set up an appointment).