We offer admission into the Ph.D. degree in the following areas:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
- Engineering Sciences (in four sub-fields):
(Note: we do not offer admission into the masters degrees in these areas.)
We offer admission into a terminal masters degree in the following:
- Data Science (S.M.)
- Computational Science and Engineering (S.M. or M.E.)
- Master in Design Engineering (M.D.E.) (joint with Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- MS/MBA: Engineering Sciences (joint with Harvard Business School)
Find information about degree programs and specific requirements on the Academics page.
Admissions Information Sessions
Ph.D. Admissions Information Sessions
View our PhD admissions information session here.
View a recently recorded Q&A session with current SEAS PhD students.
Master's Programs Admissions Information Sessions
We'll be hosting virtual admissions sessions and webinars for students interested in our masters programs in Computational Science and Engineering, Data Science, and the MS/MBA program in Fall 2020. Pre-registration will be required. They will be held on:
- Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time: Applied Computation & MS/MBA Programs View video here
- Thursday October 29, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time: Applied Computation, hosted jointly by IACS and the SEAS Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Monday November 16, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time: Applied Computation & MS/MBA Programs View video here
Students interested in the Computational Science and Engineering and/or Data Science masters programs in SEAS should contact the Institute for Applied Computational Science (IACS).
Students interested in the Masters in Design Engineering (MDE) Program should contact the Graduate School of Design.
Students interested in the MS/MBA: Engineering Sciences Program should contact the Harvard Business School.
For those who may not be able to visit in person, you can watch our presentation here:
Check out our Graduate Student Panel Q&A