We offer admission into the Ph.D. degree in:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
- Engineering Sciences (in four sub-fields):
We offer admission into a terminal masters degree in:
- Data Science (S.M.)
- Computational Science and Engineering (S.M. or M.E.)
- Master in Design Engineering (M.D.E.) (joint with Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- MS/MBA: Engineering Sciences (joint with Harvard Business School)
Find information about degree programs and specific requirements on the Academics page.
Admissions Information Sessions
Ph.D. Admissions Information Sessions
Watch an admissions information session online. (Note: this recording is from last year, so some of the information included may have changed.)
We'll be hosting virtual PhD information sessions and webinars in Fall 2020 to answer questions about the Fall 2021 admissions cycle.
A virtual Information Session will be held on Monday September 14, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time. Pre-registration will be required; information will be posted here when registration opens.
A virtual panel with current SEAS PhD students will be held on Monday October 26, 2020 at a TBD time. Pre-registration will be required; information will be posted here when registration opens.
Master's Programs Admissions Information Sessions
We'll be hosting virtual admissions sessions and webinars for students interested in our masters programs in Computational Science and Engineering, Data Science, and the MS/MBA program in Fall 2020. They will be held on:
- Wednesday October 14, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time
- Thursday October 29, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time
- Monday November 16, 2020 at 10:00am eastern time
Pre-registration will be required; information will be posted here when registration opens.
- Students interested in the Computational Science and Engineering and/or Data Science masters programs in SEAS should contact the Institute for Applied Computational Science (IACS).
- Students interested in the Masters in Design Engineering (MDE) Program should contact the Graduate School of Design.
- Students interested in the MS/MBA: Engineering Sciences Program should contact the Harvard Business School.
Check out our student Q&A on Facebook!
See graduate students answering questions about applying to our school and life as a graduate student at Harvard:
For those who may not be able to visit in person, you can watch our presentation here: