Mail and Mailboxes
Mail and small packages for individuals within the SEAS community are typically delivered to centralized mailboxes within each building. Larger packages/special deliveries are typically delivered directly to individual offices.
For questions or problems with mail delivery within SEAS, contact the Service Center.
For additional information regarding general services, billing, deliveries, mail forwarding and metering contact Harvard University Mail Services.
Harvard University Mail Services (HUMS) handles our outgoing metered and stamped mail.
Outgoing mail is picked up twice per day from Pierce Hall 2nd floor mail room at 10AM and 2PM.
Outgoing mail is picked up once per day from all mail rooms at 114 Western Ave. and SEC. Mail placed in the outgoing boxes by 2 PM will be picked up the same day. Any mail left after 2 PM will be picked up the next business day.
Outgoing Mail and Billing
To ensure the metered mail is charged to the correct account coding for your area, yellow stickers are provided to area administrative assistants or by contacting email@example.com
- Each label has a code typed on it that tells HUMS the correct coding to charge your postage.
- Affix a yellow sticker to your metered mail and deposit it into the box.
- If you have several pieces of mail, rubber band them together and affix one yellow label to the first piece (no need to label every piece of mail for your area).
Mailrooms and mailboxes are managed by the Service Center and can be found in the locations listed below. For questions or changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cambridge Mailboxes -
Pierce Hall 2nd Floor
McKay 1st Floor
Maxwell Dworkin 2nd Floor
SEC Mailboxes -
Lower Level 2: LL2.214
Lower Level 1: LL1.235
1st Floor: 1.200.3
2nd Floor: 2.111, 2.206, 2.420
3rd Floor: 3.104, 3.207, 3.315
4th Floor: 4.200.C, 4.422
5th Floor: 5.102, 5.422
6th Floor: 6.400
114 Western Ave -
3rd Floor: 3101, 3410
- All pre-labeled packages being shipped via Fed Ex Express, UPS, and USPS can be dropped to the shelves located inside the SEC loading dock doors (room LL1.258.)
- Fed Ex is currently picking up pre-labeled Express packages at the SEC Loading Dock daily. Packages must be at the loading dock by 2 PM on the date of pickup. Anything received after that time will be picked up on the following scheduled date. If you have an urgent Fed Ex Express shipment and have missed the pick-up, there is a Fed Ex Express drop box located at the Harvard Business School across the street. The address is 80 Battan Way. This dropbox is located inside a small vestibule before the roundabout and has scheduled pickups Monday - Friday at 6 PM.
- UPS will pick up pre-labeled packages from the SEC loading dock every day at 8 AM. Any packages received after 8 AM will be picked up the following morning.
- Packages being shipped via USPS will be picked up by HUMS daily at the SEC loading dock. All packages shipping via USPS must have postage affixed or a metering account number provided. If you would like to set up a metering account, please visit HUMS.