- About SEAS
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Offices & Services
- Make a Gift
Information for New Graduate Students
Save the Dates! SEAS and GSAS Orientations
In order to help prepare you for life as a student at SEAS, new graduate students attend the following orientations:
- [International students] GSAS's International Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- SEAS's Graduate Student Orientation on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 (See below for schedule)
- The GSAS Orientation on Thursday August 24, 2017.
More information about the events will be posted on this page and at the above links over the summer.
Please see here for GSAS-related deadlines. We've listed a few of the really important ones below, and will update for 2017 as information becomes available.
|May 15, 2016||Deadline to notify Accessible Education Office of special needs|
|May 16, 2016||Deadline to submit Financial Certification for Students Who Are Not U.S. Citizens Form|
|June 15, 2016||Medical forms due to Harvard University Health Services|
|August 1, 2016||Fall tuition payment due - only relevent to Master's students
(PhD students: SEAS and/or GSAS will post your Fall tuition and fees to your student account, including health insurance, over the summer. This applies to students being funded by SEAS fellowships as well as students who are funded with external-to-SEAS fellowships. We will notify you when we do so.)
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Academic Calendar
- 5-year calendar https://registrar.fas.harvard.edu/five-year-calendar
Academic Registration and Enrollment
SEAS graduate students register for each term and enroll in classes using the FAS Registrar's Online Registration page. Be sure to select the "GSAS Registration" tab midway down the page. Information for academic year 2017-18 will appear during the summer.
SEAS Grad Student Orientation
Wednesday, August 23
Maxwell Dworkin Lobby
33 Oxford Street, Cambridge MA 02138
- 9:00am - Breakfast and Registration
- 9:45am - Welcoming remarks, and photo with John A. Paulson Dean of SEAS Frank Doyle
- 10:20am - Program overviews
- 11:00am - Break
- 11:15am - How to Succeed as a Graduate Student faculty panel discussions
- 12:15pm - Lunch with faculty
- 1:00pm - Topical Orientations: Health & Safety [mandatory], Career Services, Communcations
- 2:30pm - Break
- 2:45pm - Being a Graduate Student at SEAS discussion with current grad students
- 3:45pm - Ice Cream Social!