- Theodore William Richards Professor of Chemistry and Professor of Materials Science
- Director of Rowland Institute & Director EFRC-IMASC
- Participant, Materials Research Science and Engineering Center
- Participant, Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center
- Faculty Associate, Harvard University Center for the Environment
Professor Cynthia Friend is a Professor of Chemistry and Materials Science at Harvard University. She obtained a B.S. degree in chemistry at the University of California at Davis, and continued her studies to obtain a Ph.D. at the University of California at Berkeley. She then did her postdoctoral work at Stanford University, and shortly after began at Harvard University.
The research in the Friend group is motivated by an interest in several technologies, including heterogeneous catalysis, nanostructure growth, environmental chemistry, laser-assisted materials processing, and chemical sensor technology.
Positions & Employment
Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Present: Professor of Materials Science
Harvard Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Present: Theodore Williams Richards Professor of Chemistry