Dean Francis J. Doyle III manages new faculty recruitment and faculty relations (authorizes faculty searches; directs and approves promotion reviews; approves special appointments); leads strategic planning for SEAS (vision; financial needs; represents SEAS to other Harvard University deans, as well as the President and Provost); coordinates fundraising and alumni relations; determines and implements educational, research, and administrative goals.
Area Chairs are a clear single point of responsibility for each academic concentration (existing and proposed) and are responsible for mentoring tenure-track faculty and for the oversight of Area-related searches, reviews, and promotions.
Oversees planning for all strategic aspects of the organization, including: finance and budget, administration and staffing, physical resources and space, IT, resource development, communications, and the fundraising campaign, including financial relationships with FAS, other Schools and the Center, and enhanced space, financial, and campus planning for Allston and the Campaign.
Chaired by the Dean, this group provides counsel and guidance on important matters that span finance, administration, faculty affairs, academic programs, research, communications, and diversity, inclusion & belonging (DIB) initiatives.
- Frank Doyle (Chair)
- Michael Aziz (MSME Area Chair)
- Tim Bowman (E-O)
- Lene Hau (AP Area Chair, Spring)
- David Hwang (E-O)
- Paul Karoff (E-O)
- Frank Keutsch (ESE Area co-Chair)
- Eddie Kohler (CS Area Chair)
- Petros Koumoutsakos (AM Area Chair)
- Jennifer Lewis (BIO Area Chair, Spring)
- Marko Loncar (EE Area Chair)
- Vinothan Manoharan (Interim AP Area Chair)
- Eric Mazur (Academic Dean)
- Samir Mitragotri (BIO Area Chair, Fall)
- Rebecca Nesson (E-O)
- Hanspeter Pfister (Academic Dean)
- Diane Schneeberger (E-O)
- Alexis Stokes (E-O)
- Steven Wofsy (ESE Area co-Chair)
Ex-officio (E-O) indicates that the committee member is included on the committee because of their main role at SEAS.