Dean Francis J. Doyle III manages new faculty recruitment and faculty relations (authorizes faculty searches; directs and approves promotion reviews; approves special appointments); leads strategic planning for SEAS (vision; financial needs; represents SEAS to other Harvard University deans, as well as the President and Provost); coordinates fundraising and alumni relations; determines and implements educational, research, and administrative goals.
Area Chairs are a clear single point of responsibility for each academic concentration (existing and proposed) and are responsible for mentoring tenure-track faculty and for the oversight of Area-related searches, reviews, and promotions.
- Francis J. Doyle III, Dean
- L. Mahadevan, Applied Mathematics
- Eric Mazur, Applied Physics
- Samir Mitragotri, Bioengineering
- Eddie Kohler, Computer Science
- Todd Zickler, Electrical Engineering
- David Clarke, Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering (ends December 2020
- Mike Aziz, Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering (begins January 2021)
- Tim Bowman, Executive Dean
- Fawwaz Habbal, Executive Dean
- Dan Schrag, Environmental Science and Engineering
- Diane Schneeberger, Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs
- Paul Karoff, Assistant Dean for Communications & Strategic Priorities
- Alexis Stokes, Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging