Visiting Undergraduate Research Intern
Description and Eligibility
Visiting Undergraduate Research Interns (VURIs) are current undergraduate students performing research under the sponsorship of a principal investigator.
- Must be a current undergraduate student
- May be paid or unpaid. Paid VURIs receive a stipend.
- Appointment does not grant student status; it is a research appointment.
Appointment Checklist (for Administrators)
For new appointments of VURIs, the following information should be provided to the relevant Academic Appointments Manager:
- Offer letter to VURI
- VURI's CV
- English Language Proficiency Form (for international students)
- J-1 Student Intern Intake Form (for international students)
See the Harvard International Office Visa Information page