Independent Contractor Policy
It is Harvard’s policy that an individual who is paid to provide services to Harvard must be hired as an employee unless the engagement satisfies the three part Independent Contractor test. Please review the policy and direct any questions to Human Resources.
- Click to view the SEAS Independent Contractor Process.
- For a more in depth description of the policy and how it is applied, please view the Independent Contractor Policy Overview.
- For guidance on whether or not an Independent Contractor Questionnaire or Attestation is required to be completed when engaging an individual to perform a service, please view the SEAS Independent Contractor Flow Chart
In Office of Human Resources
- Total Rewards & Benefits
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Employee Concerns
- Condolence Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy
- Drug/Alcohol and Smoking Policies
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Independent Contractor Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Overtime Policy
- Pregnancy in the Workplace Policy
- Sit-Stand Desk Policy
- Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Technology Acceptable use
- Time and Absence Management
- Staff Development and Training
- Staff Recognition