Scholarships, Fellowships, Conferences, Etc.
Newsletter Sent Monday, October 11, 2021
The Rossiter Family Scholarship On Behalf Of William J. Rizzo, Jr
The Engineering Center Education Trust is happy to announce The Rossiter Family Scholarship On Behalf Of William J. Rizzo, Jr., made available through the generosity of Allen and Selina Rossiter.
The Rossiter Family Scholarship is offered for the benefit of women and minority students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in civil or environmental engineering. This scholarship has a total value of $10,000 which will be awarded to one eligible student this year.
In order to be eligible, the applicant must be a woman or racial or ethnic minority (e.g.: African-American or Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander) student currently enrolled in an ABET accredited undergraduate or graduate program in civil or environmental engineering. Applicants must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate sophomore or higher. Applicants must be residents of Massachusetts and attend a college or university in Massachusetts. The deadline to apply is Friday, October 15, 2021. Online applications must be submitted by October 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Mailed submissions must be postmarked no later than October 15, 2021.
For more information or if you have any questions about this scholarship,please contact Elizabeth Tyminski at 617-305-4127 or TECET@engineers.org.
Newsletter Sent Monday, October 4, 2021
Aerospace Fellowship Programs - Internships and Executive Mentorship
The Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship Program is aimed at all juniors, seniors, and grad students interested in working in aerospace. Applications are due October 29, 2021.
Newsletter Sent Monday, September 13, 2021
We empower scientists to reinvent the world by bringing their research to market.
- Our two-year fellowship is a secure path for fellows to start their journey as entrepreneurs—providing the time, resources, and guidance to develop as leaders and mature their ideas.
- 103 Activate Fellows have launched 74 new companies since 2015—these companies have raised more than $370M in follow-on funding and created more than 300 U.S.-based high-tech jobs.
- With our support, fellows grow their teams and de-risk their technology. Many attract their first financing rounds and hit key product milestones during their fellowship.
- Activate Fellows work across industries including Agriculture, Buildings, Chemicals, Computing, Defense, Electricity, Manufacturing, and Transportation.
- Today, we support 20-30 Activate Fellows a year through our Berkeley and Boston Communities. Activate Anywhere is our newest community of entrepreneurial fellows working from qualified research facilities anywhere in the U.S.
- In the next five years, we plan to expand to 100 new fellows each year at eight locations across the U.S.
- Video with more details
Newsletter sent Monday, July 26, 2021
The International Student Conference on Artificial Intelligence (STCAI)