Selected Hackathons, Competitions, Etc.
Newsletter Sent Monday, November 15, 2021
Hackathon out of Princeton:
Rehack, the first ever collegiate reverse hackathon, is taking place virtually and in-person on November 19-20th, 2021. Our theme this year is accessibility and inclusion, and we are challenging teams to tackle big issues in existing technology, like inaccessibility for individuals with disabilities, or to use technology to solve larger problems, like confronting socioeconomic inequalities. This is a great opportunity to gain hackathon experience and promote your newest entrepreneurial venture. Apply by November 17th!
Newsletter Sent Monday, November 1, 2021
New Devpost Hackathons - Nov - Jan
Hack APAC - “The New Normal is Yours!”
- GOAL: Help define the ‘new normal’ by creating apps to make life safer, easier, or less stressful in the post COVID worldArm-based AWS Graviton2 processors.
- PRIZES: $20,500 in prizes
- ELIGIBILITY NOTE: Specific countries only (see rules)
- DEADLINE: November 15 at 11:45 pm SGT
- THEMES: Enterprise, COVID-19, Social Good
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/hackapacu
Build The World with Dolby.io Hackathon
- GOAL: build spectacular and innovative hybrid audio and video conference experiences
- PRIZES: $25,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: November 29, 5 PM ET
- THEMES: AR/VR, Communication, Web
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/dolby_21u
Square: Build What’s POS_sible
- GOAL: Build useful solutions with Square’s customer point-of-sale APIs
- PRIZES: $100,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: Nov 22, 2021 @ 5:00pm EST
- THEMES: E-Commerce/Retail, Fintech
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/squarepos_u
HubSpot Themes Challenge 2021
- GOAL: Build website themes for HubSpot’s marketplace to compete for a Tesla and over $100,000 in cash prizes.
- PRIZES: $155,500 in prizes
- DEADLINE: January 13 at 11:45 pm EST
- THEMES: Enterprise, Design, Web
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/hubspot21u
UiPath Innovation RPA Hackathon 2021
- GOAL: Join the UiPath Innovation RPA Hackathon 2021 to showcase the work you are doing to make a difference in the world through automation that is solving real-world issues!
- PRIZES: $9,300 in prizes
- DEADLINE: November 22 at 5:00 pm EST
- THEMES: Machine Learning/AI, Productivity
- JOIN THE HACKATHON: https://bit.ly/uipathu
5G Edge Computing Challenge with AWS
- GOAL: Build low-latency applications using AWS Wavelength on a 5G network for a chance to win $50,000 in prizes!
- PRIZES: $50,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: December 13th, 5:00 PM EST
- THEMES: Communication, DevOps, Enterprise
- JOIN THE HACKATHON: https://bit.ly/aws5g21u
Newsletter Sent Monday, September 27, 2021
AWS Graviton Hackathon
- GOAL: Build or migrate an application to Amazon EC2 instances powered by Arm-based AWS Graviton2 processors.
- PRIZES: $50,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: Oct 13, 2021 5:00pm EDT
- THEMES: Enterprise, Gaming, Machine Learning/AI
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/awsgravitonU
IGNITION | A Global Solana Hackathon
- GOAL: Build software using Solana Blockchain that fits in one of the below categories. (DeFi, Web3, Gaming, Digital Art/Collectibles).
- PRIZES: $5,000,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: October 15 11:45PM PDT
- THEMES: Blockchain
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/solana21U
PyTorch Annual Hackathon 2021
- GOAL: Build a project using PyTorch in one of the three categories: PyTorch Responsible AI Development Tools & Libraries, Web and Mobile Applications powered by PyTorch, PyTorch Developer Tools & Libraries
- PRIZES: $39,000 in prizes
- DEADLINE: Nov 3, 2021 5:00pm EDT
- THEMES: Machine Learning/AI
- DETAILS + REGISTRATION: https://bit.ly/PyTorch21U
Newsletter Sent Monday, September 13, 2021
A Healthcare-Focused Hackathon - the Pitt Challenge
Every year Pitt Pharmacy hosts the Pitt Challenge Hackathon, an innovation marathon helping connect healthcare, computer science, engineering, and design (and more!) students to create solutions to healthcare problems. Last year we hosted our hackathon online and with robust participation from around the globe. This year, we are again holding our event online with the support of Major League Hacking, ConnectiveRx, UPMC Enterprises, IQ-Inc and others. This is a great opportunity for students to gain exposure to potential employers and several projects have resulted in seed funding! If this event would be of value to your students, I have included an advertisement to share. It is tentatively scheduled for October 22-23rd. Here is the website we will be updating in the near future for this year’s details: http://pittchallenge.com/.
Newsletter Sent Monday, August 30, 2021
Citadel - Correlation One Fall season regional competitions
These are great learning opportunities for students and I highly encourage freshman and sophomore level students to sign up (competitions are mainly open for undergrads but excited graduate level students are welcome to register)
This Fall, students studying on the East Coast Region are invited for two separate events:
- September 20-27: East Coast Regional Terminal:
- Terminal Live is an online game where software engineers and computer scientists (or anyone else interested in coding!) build an algorithm to play a tower defense game in a team-based setting
- October 25- November 1: East Coast Regional Datathon:
- Datathons are data science competitions that challenge students from the world's best universities to tackle real-world social challenges in topics such as urban traffic, renewable energy, and education.
Newsletter Sent Friday, August 6, 2021
New Devpost Hackathons
CHALLENGE: Build applications, websites, browser extensions, libraries, modules, tools or learning materials that bring web3 or P2P to the web we have today.
PRIZES: $38,000 in prizes
DEADLINE: Aug 19, 2021 5:00pm EDT
JOIN THE HACKATHON: https://bit.ly/Browser3000u
DocuSign Good Code Hackathon
CHALLENGE: Develop a web or mobile app using the DocuSign esignature and other APIs to support the Jane Goodall Institute or a non-profit of your choosing.
PRIZES: $50,000 in prizes
DEADLINE: Aug 13, 2021 2:00pm PDT
JOIN THE HACKATHON: https://bit.ly/docusign2021u
CHALLENGE: Build innovative cloud apps using Atlassian’s Forge platform in one of the following categories: Apps for DevOps Teams, Apps for IT, Apps for Business.
PRIZES: $300,000 in prizes
DEADLINE: Sept 13, 2021 5:00pm EDT
JOIN THE HACKATHON: https://bit.ly/Codegeist2021u
Newsletter sent Monday, July 26, 2021
Harvard GSAS Business Club Virtual Pitch Competition
Application deadline August 15. Competition is September 30. Details at this link.
2021 Humana-Mays Healthcare Analytics Case Competition
This competition, taking place from September 8 - November 11, 2021, is aimed at students in master degree programs.