SEAS uses Google Groups to provide mailing list functionality. To manage Google Groups, you must have a g.harvard.edu email address. To request a Google Group, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information in the email:
- The name of the group
- Names and g.harvard.edu email addresses of the administrators of the group (all administrators require a g.harvard.edu email address)
- Whether the group will need to send email, recieve email, or both send and receive email.
NOTE: SEAS no longer provides @seas.harvard.edu aliases for Google Group mailing lists. The email address associated with a group will have the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have a g.harvard.edu email address, you can manage your Google Group by:
- browsing to groups.google.com
- Click on the 'My Groups' image
- click the link 'switch organizatinal view to harvard.edu'
- You will then see any Google Groups you are either owner of or member of.
- If you are a owner of a group, you can then manage group subscriptions
More information on administering Google Groups can be found at https://support.google.com/a/answer/167085?hl=en