Before you can access the SEAS wired and/or wireless networks with a new computer or other networked device (such as a wifi-enabled cell phone), the device's Media Access Control (MAC) address must be registered.

SEAS' networks do not offer a registration portal for unregistered devices. You will need to follow the steps below to get network connectivity.


For wireless access

You will need your HarvardKey credentials for this process.

Please go to and register for the Harvard Secure wireless network: it is the faster and more secure of the available options.

Detailed instructions on how to register can be found here.

For wired access

You will need your HUID and MAC address.

If you don't know your MAC address, please follow these instructions.

Once you have your HUID and MAC address, please go to and register your device.

The documentation linked here contains detailed steps on the registration process.

Access the SEAS networks from off-campus (VPN)

Most SEAS network are only available to machines directly connected to the SEAS wired and/or wireless networks. If you find that you need access to these resources from outside the SEAS network, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection is required.

Harvard provides VPN software to establish a secure and encrypted remote connection to the campus networks at:

Use your HarvardKey credentials along with the two factor authentication to download and install the software.

After installation, you can start the Cisco VPN Client and connect once again, using your HarvardKey and two factor authentication.

Make sure you type in the username field below to indicate that you want to connect to the SEAS tunnel.

  • <Your_harvardkey>#SEAS

 You should now have a secure connection to the SEAS network and access to most SEAS resources as if you were physically on-campus.

Access to that tunnel has to be requested via a ticket to

Should you have any question about this process, please contact us at