Wireless printing at SEAS requires connecting to the Harvard Secure wireless network.
Read the HUIT Service Portal article about how to connect to Harvard Secure.
Access to public printers
Members of the SEAS community have access to a number of public color and B&W laser printers:
Setting up your computer to print
Purchasing a printer for own use
You may also purchase a printer for you or your group and have it managed by Computing. That printer needs to be:
- Laser. Inkjet printers tend to have too many operational issues in a heavy-use environment and are not supported.
- Network capable.
- Duplex capable (can print on both sides of paper). Duplex is often available as an option. While it costs a bit more, this option is obviously environmentally friendly especially for large documents. Look for a "d" in the printer name - such as HP LaserJet Pro 400 color Printer M451dn.
Although not a requirement, we recommend Hewlett-Packard (HP) laser printers.
Note: SEAS Computing is using a Managed Print Service to assist in managing our printer environment. In order for us to provide the best service possible and to see the most efficient use of our printers, we must be part of the acquisition process for any new printer.
Free Adobe Reader
Get the Adobe Reader. Important : Make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader installed in your computer.
Acrobat Standard or Professional
There are also free alternative PDF readers, such as Foxit Reader, that you can download that also do a good job of sending print data that is friendly to our printers. Try printing your PDF with Foxit if you can't get it to print properly with Adobe.
SEAS does not support poster printing on our printers.
Faculty, students, and researchers should consider one of the following options:
- Harvard Mail & Print Services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 6-6245.
- The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology Graphics Office . Contact email@example.com or 6-9159.
- FedEx Office in Harvard Square (One Mifflin Place — Next to post office on Mt. Auburn St.). Contact: 617-497-0125.
For advice on the purchase of a printer, to get your printer installed on the SEAS network, or help with printer software contact Support Services.