Clubs & Organizations
Below is a list of student organizations that are affiliated with our school. Their memberships have significant numbers of our students, and they form an integral part of the learning community of our school. Most are registered as Independent Student Organizations under the Dean of Students Office or Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. While membership is usually weighted toward either undergrad or graduate students, participation by all is welcomed.
CROSSING MULTIPLE DISCIPLINES
- SEAS Graduate Council
- Harvard College Ventures (HV) - The largest student-run entrepreneurship and venture capital organization at Harvard.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - Aiming to inspire and support women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) - Providing support for black Harvard students pursuing degrees in the life sciences, engineering, the applied sciences, and other STEM fields.
- Harvard SEAS Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Harvard Undergraduate Robotics Club (HURC) - The largest project-focused club, bringing together students from across Harvard to develop robots for several competitions.
- Summer Camp
- Harvard Applied Math Society (HAMS)
- Harvard Big Data Club in GSAS (HBDC) GSAS club focusing on big data..
- Harvard Data Ventures (DV) Undergraduate club focusing on projects involving big data.
- Harvard College Open Data Project (HODP) Student-faculty group aiming to increase transparency and solve problems on campus using public Harvard data.
- Harvard Sports Analysis Collective (HSAC) Student-run organization at Harvard College dedicated to the quantitative analysis of sports strategy and management.
- Harvard Computer Society (HCS) The largest computer club on campus
- Women in Computer Science (WiCS) Dedicated to building a community of technical women at Harvard and beyond.
- Harvard College Cyber Club (HC3) Focusing on competitions - particularly those involving cyber security
- Harvard College Developers for Development (D4D) - A community of students dedicated to applying our technical skills in the social impact space.
- Harvard College Quantum Computing Association (HCQCA) - Student-run organization dedicated to the education/engagement in Quantum Information Science and Software.
- Harvard College Video Game Development Club (VGDC) - Dedicated to the learning and practice of video game development.
- Harvard Computing Contest Club
- Harvard College Engineering Society (HCES) - The largest and broadest engineering community among Harvard undergrads
- MakeHarvard (MH) - An engineering makeathon bringing together over 200 students from schools all along the east coast and Canada for 36 hours of making projects.
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) - Connecting Harvard students interested in biomedical engineering.
- iGEM Establishing a community of creative synthetic biologists from a variety of disciplines.
- Harvard Biotechnology Club (GSAS)
- Harvard College Human Powered Vehicle Team (HPVT) - Competing annually in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Human Powered Vehicle Challenge (HPVC)
- Engineers without Borders (EWB) - Forms long-term partnerships with communities to design and build sustainable engineering projects. We have two ongoing projects in the Dominican Republic and Tanzania, as well as teams for Finance, Media, Programming, and to plan a "Failure Forum" conference for other EWB chapters.
- Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) - A primarily project-focused club, focusing on the development of technology that will enable human use of space.
- Harvard College Wireless Club (HWC) - Advancing the art, science, and enjoyment of Amateur Radio.
- Photonics Club - For undergrads, graduate students, and postdocs interested in photonics